Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    my add
    Keymaster

hi, im new at this, really new and just followed instructions to install the deepblog template in my new site at blogger.

So i saw it has a template for social media links, its a widget calle top social widget and it has buttons for FB, Twitter, Instagram, G+ and other more. All of em but Youtube are there and i wanna add a youtube button made by myself so i wanna ask if there is a way or a tutorial to do it. im really new so sorry if its a stupid question.

my add
    Keymaster

You have to edit in the html section of your template.
    Look for: .top-bar-social #social a:before {
    Add this code in there for youtube. Add it under the complete Facebook code.

.top-bar-social .youtube:before {
    content: "\f167";
    }
    .top-bar-social #social a.youtube:hover {
    background-color: #bb0000;
    }

Then in the layout, add youtube for the social media and under that your youtube url.

my add
    Keymaster

wow nice answer, how i can upvote you man this was really helpfull

i would kiss you if i could man!!!

my add
    Keymaster

Having another problem btw, seems like the carousel at start wont show any image if in the article i embeded a youtube video.

like this

the only workaround i have found is upload my videos to blogger, but that takes views from my channel, any idea on how to make the carousel dont care if i embed a video?

my add
    Keymaster

Very sweet, but I am a woman….LOL
    for the carousel, just add a photo and a link to your Youtube channel video.
    Make sure you add a label in your posts. The label should be the same in the carousel widget.

my add
    Keymaster

didnt tought about that, get a image of the video with a hiperlink to the video on youtube, thats a nice way

but isnt there a way to embed videos normally in a article and dont screw the carousel?

my add
    Keymaster

Slideshows use images, not videos. Make sure there is a photo first.

my add
    Keymaster

there is a pic before but it seems it doesnt recognice it when a video is embeded.

ill explain it with pictures :D

First there is the carrusel working, cause im not using any videos in the articles, and looks like this

View post on imgur.com

In this exercise ill edit the one at the left, the articled titled “asad al asahi” with the picture of a cartoon (gibberish name, it doesnt mean anything). The article looks like this

View post on imgur.com

just a line of “aaaaa” and then and image and it works. now im gonna edit it, ill add some Lorem Ipsum as text and a embed video from youtube. The final code of the article looks like this. It has the tags “texto” and “series”. The tag “texto” is the one im using for the carousel.

View post on imgur.com

now it has a tittle, a image, several text paragraphs and a video embeded. The article looks like this:

View post on imgur.com

But now when im going to the homepage of the blog it appears like this

View post on imgur.com

The image dissapeared, but the tittle “asad al asahi” is still there in white words, also you can read the author, timestamp and the tag but it doenst have an image and doesnt redirect you to the article if you click in the blank space.

Any help will be great, oh my lady coder, defeater of the template, guardian of the webpage :)

my add
    Keymaster

Add this above </b:skin>

.carousel-item .foot-mag-thumb {
        height: 350px;
        position: relative;
        width: 100%;
        display: block;
    }

Then look for:

var src2 = data.feed.entry[i].media$thumbnail.url;
    Immediately after that, add this below it.
    `src2 = src2.replace(“s72-c”, “s640”);

my add
    Keymaster

Hi again:

Tried what you told me, so ill explain the results with pictures again!!

First added .carousel-item .foot-mag-thumb { height: 350px; position: relative; width: 100%; display: block; }
    over </b:skin>

In the code looked like this

View post on imgur.com

Here is what i got in the page

View post on imgur.com

It now shows an image (yeiiiiiii) but its really blurry, (awwww :( )

added src2 = src2.replace(“s72-c”, “s640”);
    after varsrc2 = data.feed.entry[i].media$thumbnail.url;

the code looked like this

View post on imgur.com

and i got this at the page

View post on imgur.com

Now the carousel dissapeared and all the images in the home page are blurry

Any idea on how i can solve that? BTW thank you for helping me, you are great and my hero :D

my add
    Keymaster

Let me take a look.

my add
    Keymaster

You have an extra character before src2. Remove this ‘

should be:
    src2 = src2.replace(“s72-c”, “s640”);

my add
    Keymaster

hi again,

tried that but it didnt worked, the carousel dissapeared and all the images get blurry

Then i experimented

and deleted this full piece of the code

View post on imgur.com

Now its working!!!, with that change it doesnt take into account the videos, only the images in the articles for the carousel

View post on imgur.com

Thanks for all your help LindyLou, you are the real MVP

my add
    Keymaster

You are welcome. It is difficult to show a video in a carousel.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.