Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    my add
    Keymaster

Hi, I installed the iGame theme and managed to get it working fine… I had to add a label for 4 posts to get them to be added into the carousel at the top of the page.

However, now whenever I create a post the site goes down (blank home page) wheneve I add a new post WITHOUT A LABEL?
    Not sure whats going on but as I write this it comes to mind that I could/should create 4 replica pages to fit the ones I am speaking of in the carousel and add labels to the pages.

But that does kinda defeat the objective of adding more posts of a similar kind in the future.

Any guidance to fix the existing error aappreciated, thanks.

my add
    Keymaster

Just found that you cant put labels on pages and so my issue still exists, any help appreciated thanks.

my add
    Keymaster

I am not sure what you mean. I just downloaded the template and my posts show up fine with labels. 4 different posts.

my add
    Keymaster

Right, thats not the case for me.
    I published 4 posts and used label “Games” for those four posts. I have youtube channel and when I share a youtube video to blogger the top carousel stops working and the site throws a blank white page out.

To fix this I have to go into POSTS and edit the date of the new youtube video post to a time before the 28th. Then the site comes back online and the carousel works again with the video placed below the posts on that page.

I will try loading the default iGame theme and see if the same issue occurs.

Thanks for the response by the way. Much appreciated.

my add
    Keymaster

The same happens with the default them so it isnt a change I made to the basic theme. I will create a video to demonstrate whats happening.

my add
    Keymaster

Hi, I have created a short video to demonstrate the issue.
    I also tried posting to the site using one of the default themes and that didnt break the site.

This video will explain better.
    https://db.tt/e9kUjxY389

Thanks

my add
    Keymaster

Thanks for explaining and the video. Did you upload a photo first and then the video? The slideshow needs a photo.

my add
    Keymaster

No but that isnt really the issue. With or without a photo the slide show works.

I dont want every post to be added to the slideshow.
    ONLY ones with a specific label. That I choose?

The problem is soley that the site beaks when I add a new post, pure and simple.

I have wasted a lot of time on this so will start looking for an alternative solution. Im new to blogger and dont need a long learning curve at present.

my add
    Keymaster

Ok, I am trying to help here. I did not design this template.
    I have 5 posts and used the label Games,. They show up fine with the slideshow.

my add
    Keymaster

I didnt mean to be abrupt. Im grateful for any help to get this solved as I like the template.

Like I said my problem isnt trying to get a post with a label to show. My issue is trying to get posts to show without a label after the main four posts are created. The site then breaks.

my add
    Keymaster

No worries. I believe every post needs a label. maybe I am not clear on what you seek.

my add
    Keymaster

I tried that myself. I wrote a new post without a label and the whole page went blank. Every post needs a label.
    I know you are trying to just show certain posts in the slideshow, such as Games.

my add
    Keymaster

So what you are saying is that EVER post goes through the carousel?

my add
    Keymaster

yes it does seem that is how it works. It cycles the last 4 posts in the carousel. And that doesnt work for how I use the site. So thanks for your help. I appreciate it. Thanks.

my add
    Keymaster

I am not sure. I know other template work different with a featured post label.
    This one is new to me, so I am trying to research it a bit.

my add
    Keymaster

Thanks. I did just find the template creators site and I have contacted him see if he can enlighten me. I have also posted on stackexchange and so will inform you of my findings. It seems to be something (although Im not a developer) to do with the timestamp in that post after a certain date (the date of the four main posts) are filtered through the carousel so Im sure a developer would be able to fix this quite easily. Not sure though.

Thanks for the help anyway.

my add
    Keymaster

Good luck with the developers. I hope they can assist you.

my add
    Keymaster

Thanks, he contacted me earlier today and he seems very helpful. He is going to login and fix it so should be ok now. Thanks for kicking me in the right direction. lol.

Much appreciated.

my add
    Keymaster

You are very welcome.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.